The beach at Galley Bay Resort, in St. John’s, Antigua, is picture perfect. (TripAdvisor)
Say aah: The InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa was made for relaxing. (TripAdvisor)
Wish we were there: the Lizard Island Resort in Queensland, Australia. (TripAdvisor)
Warning: This list may cause serious daydreaming/vacation envy/bank account withdrawals. If you’re at work, you may want to clear your calendar. If you’re at home, start packing your bags now.
Travel site TripAdvisor has named 10 truly amazing beachfront hotels (with tantalizing photos, naturally), and we can already taste the pina coladas, hear the roar of the waves and feel the sand between our toes. Check out this list — and we dare you not to start making vacation plans.
- Cape Panwa Hotel, Phuket, Thailand. TripAdvisor review: “The service is fantastic, the food delicious, the beach magnificent, the room supremely comfortable and elegant. We really cannot find fault with this beautiful hotel in a magnificent location!”
- Outrigger Reef on the Beach, Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. TripAdvisor review: “What a brilliant location. Right on the beach and great restaurants.”
- Cabanas Tulum, Tulum, Mexico. TripAdvisor review: “We would highly recommend Cabanas Tulum for the friendly staff, great value and access to the beautiful beach.”
- Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, Yasawa Islands, Fiji. TripAdvisor review: “All I can say is that this island is pure paradise; great food, great entertainment, glorious beach and nice accommodations.”
- Galley Bay Resort, St John’s, Antigua, Caribbean. TripAdvisor review: “We loved it. The beach front location was beautiful and there was so much space. The food and service were excellent.”
- Hamansai Adventure and Dive Resort, Hopkings, Belize. TripAdvisor review: “My husband and I returned to Hamanasi again this year to dive with the whale sharks. That alone was a fantastic experience that we will never forget. It was wonderful to see all of the fabulous friendly staff again, to eat incredible meals looking out over the ocean and to luxuriate in our incredible treehouse. I cannot say enough about this resort; it ranks among my favorite places to visit in the world.”
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, Sigatoka, Fiji. TripAdvisor review: “Our room was a garden view but so close to the beach you could hear the waves at night.”
- Lizard Island Resort, Lizard Island, Queensland, Australia. TripAdvisor review: “The fishing, diving, snorkeling and beach sunning is the best in the world. The super-sized clams and variety of fish, on the best coral reef in the world, makes every day perfect.”
- Outrigger Phi Phi Island Resort and Spa, Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand. TripAdvisor review: “We had such an amazing time here. Excellent rooms, great food, fantastic staff. Beautiful private beach, great pool.”
- Turtle Nest Inn, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. TripAdvisor review: “Literally three steps from our private patio was a beautiful white sand beach that we practically had to ourselves the whole week.”
See more beachfront hotels on TripAdvisor’s blog.