Easter style is where dressing in your Sunday best meets spring fever. It’s that time of year you commit to donning lady-like dresses — even if that means you may find yourself trudging through snow in those optimistic floral and pastel prints. And we salute you for that.
So, how did we get here? Long before there was New York Fashion Week, there was the famous Fifth Avenue Easter parade in the Big Apple. Beginning in 1870, high-class ladies decked out in decadent Easter attire showcased their style by parading along the famous street. (Now we can flaunt our spring style by simply snapping a photo with Instagram and posting it). But, the parade is still an Easter staple, and the attire these days includes bunny ears, bonnets and outlandish costumes that rival those spotted on Halloween.
Here are five dresses (and a couple of bonnets for good measure) we want to play dress up in this Easter:
Other articles you might also like:
• Neon ’80s roaring back into style this spring, summer
• Fall fashion preview: The good, the bad, the ugly (and the bizarre)
• Shop Gwyneth Paltrow’s closet! (But you better be rich — and skinny)
• Survey reveals which stores Americans love best + exclusive deals
• Sneak peek: Celeb stylist Kate Young designing ‘red carpet’ line for Target