By Aimee Heckel
If the excitement over Prince William and Kate Middleton’s baby has you (or your kids) longing for your own crown and throne, funnel that energy into throwing your very own royal soiree.
Be it a child’s birthday party, a summer tea party, a “Fancy Nancy” theme party, a bachelorette party or a fancy spin on the Fourth of July, here are some tips for giving your celebration the royal treatment.
1. Colors count. Go glittery gold, with rich accent colors. We love this table set-up on Catchmyparty.com, which literally frames the cake with several oversized gold frames hanging on the wall behind it.
2. Let Pinterest inspire you. Of course. Find a variety of decoration, food, invitation and activity ideas.
3. Instead of messy cake, serve elegantly styled cake pops. Use metallic frosting and intricate detailing. Find metallic “food mist” frosting at TheBakersKitchen for only $4.99. This mist is easier and less messy than airbrushing.
4. If you opt for cupcakes, pick the right cupcake wrappers. You can find almost every design possible, but a few of our fancy faves include:
5. Decorate all sweets with edible pearls. The Etsy shop FondantFlower sells a variety of different edible pearls that look like real, shiny costume jewelry, starting at $7.99.
6. A royal cheers. Pour the kids sparkling grape juice and enjoy some prosecco for yourself. Splurge on a stunning piece of stemware, like this Vera Wang princess wine glass, $45, at Macy’s.
Pick up a special cup for your kids, too, like this Pink Princess Pimp Cup (yeah, maybe don’t tell them the name), available at Homewetbar.com for under $25.
Other articles you might also like: